Labels

Monday, January 16, 2017

New Year, New Review

To kick off my goal of 50 books in 2017, I read Yes Please by Amy Poehler.  Her book was a little different than expected.  While I thought it was going to be belly laughs all the way, she surprised me by incorporating deep thoughts and life lessons in her stories; she was honest and open.  I feel we'd have a lot in common (you know, minus the fact that I'm not hilarious and am in no way rich and famous.) I really enjoyed reading this and there were a couple of times I laughed so hard I was crying and my husband worried that I wouldn't be able to stop.  I gave this book 3 stars out of 5.  You should give it a read!

In Amy Poehler's highly anticipated first book, Yes Please, she offers up a big juicy stew of personal stories, funny bits on sex and love and friendship and parenthood and real life advice (some useful, some not so much), like when to be funny and when to be serious.  Powered by Amy's charming and hilarious, biting yet wise voice, Yes Please is a book full of words to live by.

No comments:

Post a Comment