Labels

Thursday, February 12, 2015

Doo-do-do-dooo! Book Review!

Good morning!  Here is my first book review and I'm going to warn you all - my reviews will be very simple, limited to basically whether I liked it or not.  No deconstructing the story or finding symbolism here!

As part of my 50 books for 2015, I've read The Next Thing on My List by Jill Smolinski.  

After a car accident in which her passenger, Marissa, dies, June Parker finds herself in possession of a list Marissa has written: “20 Things to Do by My 25th Birthday.” The tasks range from inspiring (run a 5K) to daring (go braless) to near-impossible (change someone’s life).
To assuage her guilt, June races to achieve each goal herself before the deadline, learning more about her own life than she ever bargained for.


I have to say that I really enjoyed this book.  It had ups and downs (meaning I laughed and cried, just a little bit) and it really made me think.  In addition, it was well written and easy (quick) to read.  I rated this one 4 out of  5 stars and would read it again.  Thanks go out to the friend who recommended this book to me!

1 comment:

  1. Yay! I'm so glad you liked it! I thought it was a really interesting story.

    ReplyDelete