Labels

Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Day One

Hellooo world!

Today is my introduction to the masses.  Being the oldest 30-year-old I know, I have no social networking or internet communication experience (aside from email.)  Unless you count having a Pinterest account, which I was recently informed was social networking.  Also, I keep track of books I've read on Goodreads, which is also considered social networking, I suppose.  I guess I'll backtrack now and say that I have limited experience online as I don't use any of those sites as they're intended to be used - to interact with others, and I'm not really sure how all of it works.  Prior to this day, I've had no desire to share a bunch of random information about myself with a bunch of people who don't actually know me.  I have no Facebook, Twitter, etc.  For now, anyway.  I'm not quite ready to open that can of worms.

As I said, I am old.  My friends and family often tease me for being 80 (an obvious exaggeration.)  What? Just because I sit with my lap blanket, wear sweaters, and crochet sometimes?  Maybe it's my poor circulation or the fact that I was so stressed out by my job that I broke out in shingles (apparently that's not something only old people get.)  Who knows? The fact is, I have been feeling great since my last official day of work!  It doesn't even matter that I haven't found a replacement job.  Well, it matters a little, but I'm not going to let it get me down.  In fact, I'm pretty sure I've gone a little crazy.  For starters, I decided to get a little online experience so that I won't be passed over for another job opportunity. Ugh!  I don't even want to bore you with the details.  That is reason #1 why you're seeing this brand new blog I designed - Ta da! Okay, blog I designed thanks to the easy to use and free templates provided by Blogger (shout out), but don't judge me.  Remember, I'm still new here.

I apologize for the length of this first post, I just want to let you all know what you're getting into here.  First, I'll be writing about my job finding woes (or lack thereof.)  I also started a garden last week (yes, I know it's February, but I discussed it with my husband and he's aware we may end up with a container garden jungle overtaking the dining room) so I will update that regularly as well.  Oh yeah, my friends are getting married, so not only will I have to diet and exercise to fit into a dress, but I will be helping to plan the wedding and will have to write a speech as Matron of Honor.  Don't think I won't be fretting about that constantly!  You'll probably also hear about my kooky family and friends.  Let me introduce you to some names you will probably see a lot - There's my husband who will from here on out be recognized as The Talent; my good friend who will be known as The Enforcer; my two children to be named Big A and Little A (take that as you will); my pug-lovin' friend who is set to marry The Enforcer, we'll call him Biscuit; and my best friend whom you all know as Ms. Attitude (see her blog at http://lifewithattitude.blogspot.com/.)  


No comments:

Post a Comment